Saturday, January 30, 2010

zombieland.



This was an awesome movie. I'm not a big fan of Woody Harelson, but he was pretty good in this movie. I also think that Jesse Eisenberg is one of those actors that I can watch and enjoy how socially awkward they are. He reminds me a little of Michael Cera, whom I am a big fan of, so I guess that's another reason why I enjoyed this movie. I am also a fan of zombie movies. I don't care what anyone says. Yes, they are pretty much all the same and have the same basic plot, but they're still slightly different. This movie was easier to relate to considering the main actors, minus Woody, were all young.

**SPOILERS**

This movie was a hoot. The scenes with them killing off zombies were pretty funny. Most zombie movies are pretty intense and serious, whereas this movie made it more comical, almost to the point where you walk out wishing your town was run down by zombies just so you can walk around with guns and shoot them. I think one of my favorite scenes was when they went to the super market on a mission to find twinkies. The zombie banjo tester was great. Oh! And also, one of my favorite cameos yet, Bill freakin' Murray! That was so awesome! They just roll up to Bill Murray's house and hang out then all of a sudden he comes out dressed like a zombie. What a guy. It did make me mad when Columbus (Jesse Eisenberg) shot him. It was funny in a way, but I was still excited that Bill Murray was in the movie.

One thing I didn't like about this movie was that stupid girl and her sister (Emma Stone and Abigail Breslin). They were soooo annoying. Every time they warmed up to people they would steal all their shit and run off. I hated that. It's like their too retarded to find their own supplies.

I also enjoyed how they made this movie as a rules/pointers thing, you know, just in case we get some wild zombie apocalypse.

Overall, I think this movie was great. I can't wait to buy it on bluray. It's so funny and witty. The story and ideas just keep you interested. It did have some slow parts, but who cares, it's an awesome movie like I've said a million times now. This may seem like one of those "teen" movies that we all just can't get enough of, but it's not, and if you think that then you can go watch "Bring it On".

No comments:

Post a Comment