Monday, January 11, 2010

terminator salvation.



I watched this twice yesterday with my boyfriend, Tom. So while it's fresh, I'm just going to say a few things. Continuity wise, this movie needs some work. It's little things really, but you'd be surprised by how many people actually notice these things.

**SPOILERS**

So here I am trying to get through the second viewing and Tom spots two mistakes in one scene, not far apart from each other either. If you watch the beginning of the movie where John Conner is getting in the helicopter and crashes, you'll notice he didn't put on his seat belt, but the next scene he has it on. And just shortly after that when he's fighting the terminator his boot comes off and oh what do you know! His boot is on in the next scene. Seriously? Is anyone paying attention during the making of this film? Seems like Christian Bale is the only one TOTALLY into this movie considering he flipped out on some guy "looking at the light". Come on Mr. Bale, if your so into character and your work how could you let this happen...in YOUR movie?! It's very disappointing. I thought you were different.

Enough about Christian Bale's mistakes. Let's talk about Mr. McG. 1st of all, change your name, you sound like a one hit wonder rapper. I just want to know why? Why you thought it would be a good idea to use a CG Arnold in this movie? It looked awful. It's so badly done it almost embarrasses me for you. It would have been a smarter move to use the ACTUAL Arnold and sure he's old and wrinkly and probably lost a bit of muscle definition, but since we have the technology I'm sure you could have done a bit of airbrushing or SOMETHING. Either way it would have looked a million times better and made that scene better considering ARNOLD was back. So in a way it was a shitty tease that went wrong. Fail.

I don't think anything else really bugged me in this movie. Other than the fact that John Conner meets his dad as a child. That whole thing confused the hell out of me, but Tom was nice enough to explain it several times to me until I got it and thought "wow that's pretty lame".

Let's quickly go back to Christian Bale for a sec. I know I said enough about him, but I can't help it. What the hell is up with his mole by his eye? It's distracting and every time he shows up in the movie I just see the mole, you'd think he'd get it removed or something or I don't know have them edit it out in compositing. Just something so I'm not watching a giant mole fighting terminators! That should be the tag line of the movie.

Other than that, I liked this movie, just some parts made me want to punch McG in the face.

No comments:

Post a Comment