Monday, January 11, 2010

coraline.


Coraline is easily one of the best, and most artistic movies of the last decade. It's amazing how much detail, time, and expertise went into the film, and in my opinion it far exceeds Corpse Bride's story, and is comparable with Nightmare Before Christmas, if not better in it's own way. It's animated play on real life, mixed with it's magical 'other' world, draws the viewer in and leaves one wanting more... And who could resist watching an almost two hour stop motion animated film, let alone in 3D! I got goosebumps throughout the entire thing, and my only dislike is that it wasn't longer. If only I could take a set home with me; I could stare at the details, colours, and textures for hours. Even the clothing is amazing, as it is all hand-knit and incredibly tiny. Henry Selick and Neil Gaiman make for a fantastic team, and my only wish is that more films like this are created in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment