Monday, January 11, 2010

paranormal activity.



Hi, my name is Affy and I believe in ghosts. Now put me and this movie together and I'm shitting myself. I went to see this with my friend and as I recall I was the 1st person to scream. Okay, it wasn't a proper scream, it was more like a squeak. I love horror movies. The old classic "Halloween", "Nightmare on Elm St", and "Friday the 13th" were all cheesy and had the same idea behind them, but I can't help but appreciate them. I love to get scared, it's like a sick fascination or something. I might need help, but right now we're going to focus on the movie, not me.

**SPOILERS**

Lets go to the beginning of the movie. No trailers. No beginning credits. Nothing. Just straight to the movie, which was awesome. I like that. And the whole time was just a hand held camera. The actors...no name. Never seen them before in my life and at the end...no credits. That was it. All this made the whole movie experience very unique. The whole movie just seemed rough and candid. That helped a lot in scaring the shit out of me.

Now, lets talk about the boyfriend, shall we? What a raging asshole! He's pissing off this demon thing when the psychic and the girlfriend strictly said to leave it alone and brings a Ouija Board in the house?! If my anyone brought that thing in my house Id throw them and that thing out the window. You know what? I'm glad she killed him at the end. She probably wasn't even possessed. I think he just pissed her off so much she said, "you know what? fuck it!"

Other than the annoying boyfriend, the movie was freaking awesome! All the stuff that was going on while they were in bed. Okay, let me just say this. If that was my house and I was doing that experiment. I would have been long gone from that house the moment I saw the door swing. No, I think I would have left after the noises. I would have gotten up, packed up some shirts and my psp and I don't even think Id leave through the door because that would mean I would have to go down to where all that stuff was happening. I think I would just jump out the window and make my way down somehow. Oh yeah, and don't you hate it when they always go to where the noise is? Why would anyone do that?! "Oh did you hear that loud bang growl thing? Let's go down (IN THE DARK!!!) and investigate." Anyone who has ever seen a horror movie would know never to go to where the bad stuff is happening and that movie has taken place in modern time, so they should know better!

Alright, so after the movie, sleeping life changed for about three days. I was up for two nights patrolling my area, and I think on the 3rd night I was able to have a few minutes of sleep. This movie truly scared the bejesus out of me. My boyfriend said I wasn't allowed to watch it anymore and I too agreed to ban myself from watching it. Considering this movie was done on a very low budget, it definitely made it's point. I even went out and bought the movie on bluray after I promised myself I wouldn't watch it ever again. I can't help it. Like I said, I'm a sucker for horror flicks. I made him watch it with me, and 2nd time around...not bad ;)

Oh yeah, I'm in the credits!

No comments:

Post a Comment