Monday, January 11, 2010

finding nemo.



Who doesn't love a good Pixar film? You can always trust Andrew Stanton to create a visually beautiful film and an amazingly touching story. I love this movie not just because it's a Pixar film...okay maybe because it's a Pixar film. But Pixar has never let me down. They always make the right decisions all the way to the root of the film.

**SPOILERS**

The voice acting was brilliant. I can't see any actor other than Ellen DeGeneres playing Dory. Who is by the way my favorite character. Facial expressions, personality, dialogue...all of it, just priceless. I love her. All the tank characters too, they were hilarious, especially with their tank initiation meeting for Nemo. The textures on everything as well, was so lifelike and beautiful. The animation of the sea anemone. Awesome. The animation in the movie in general is very intimidating.

I love the seagulls. They are the most annoying creatures in the world and I like how they're portrayed in this film. I also like how Dory speaks whale. You don't really question Dory about where she learned how to speak it and the fact that she has short-term memory loss is brilliant. Also, in the beginning where it's just a couple shots of their new neighborhood and you see all the fish just living their lives. It's pretty cool. There's a crab cutting grass and you know, fish making out in the background. It's very homey.

I admit, I shed a tear when Marlon's family got gobbled up. That totally sucked, and of course he gets stuck with the fish with the gimpy fin. It's okay. That whole part though was pretty sad. I'm glad at the end Dory ended up living with them. What I'd like to know is, are Marlon and Dory an "item" now? or are they just buddies? or what? They kinda just left that loose ended, but whatever Andrew Stanton knows what he's doing.

I love this movie and I've seen it a gagillion times and it never gets old. Did you know on the dvd/bluray there's an option for a TV screen saver. That means you can have awesome Finding Nemo backgrounds hanging out on your TV while your just doing things around the house, like vacuuming or reading or eating a sandwich or even knitting. It's pretty sweet, you guys should check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment