Wednesday, January 13, 2010

mamma mia!



*Sigh* Okay. I'm not too sure what to think. I like ABBA. Go ahead laugh. I don't care. My parents listened to them a lot as I was growing up, so you know what? I grew found of them. So I thought I'd give this movie a chance. It's an alright movie. It's a musical, so if musicals aren't your cup of tea then whatever. I on the other hand don't mind them. But anyways, it's not that bad of a movie. It has a lot of girly parts. Meaning several girls giggling and jumping up and down going, "eee!!" Those parts make me feel a little uncomfortable. The singing parts are very cheesy. VERY cheesy. It almost made me not want to look. The music was fine, because I enjoy it. But the acting during the music...oh boy! It's just something that gives you a little unsettling feeling inside.

If Meryl Streep wasn't in this movie, I'm not sure I would have been able to get through it. I love that woman. Every movie she's played in, she was amazing. She's so energetic and full of life and she pulls you right into the movie. The other characters, uber cheesy. Pierce Brosnan was good. Stellan Skarsgard just kept making me think about Pirates of the Caribbean, and I guess that's why he was cool too.

**SPOILERS**

The story in general was good. Just about a girl wanting to be given away at her wedding, but she had three possible fathers. I like movies with weddings. It makes me a little teary eyed. But on the other hand, it was a little different in this movie. Wedding was cancelled and the mom got married instead, oh and what do you know? Married to one of the possible fathers.

While watching this movie I had a feeling the mom's sisters were going to end up hooking up with the possible dads. What a surprise! The mom gets one, the sister gets one...and I believe the other dad is gay because he disappeared with some guy. Whatever makes him happy.

The blue screen played a big role in this movie as well. Although it wasn't abused like it was in "Australia". I just don't like when blue screen is obvious, it looks cheap and boring.

Oh, can I just say. The guy that was going to marry the main chick...sucha prick. He seemed like a cool guy, but then he gets mad at her for contacting the three guys who could be her father?! What the hell is all that about? He was stupid, I didn't like him at all. Just looked like a douche. You know those people that you see and you don't even need to know them, but you automatically hate their guts? He's one of them. Oh and back to Pierce Brosnan, he can't sing.

Overall, I think this movie was, meh. Too predictable, too cheesy, and too blue screeny. It's definitely not a movie for guys. Girls...a selected few. If it weren't for Meryl Streep and ABBA, I'd scrap this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment