Tuesday, January 12, 2010

2012.



Is it me or does John Cusack have a really weird looking face. It's almost as if his facial features didn't quite grow into his giant man head. Anyhoo, let's get on with the end of the world...again. Don't get me wrong, this movie was intense! Even my little brother with ADD was hooked. It was a good movie, and I'd totally watch it again. But what I would like to know is, how many more end of the world movies are there going to be until some producer out there just says, "okay, stop!" We all know we're killing the world and pissing off the universe. "The Day After Tomorrow" made it pretty clear we screwed ourselves over. That movie, is a whole different story, which I'm not going to get into right now.

**SPOILERS**

I would just like to start out by saying thank you to our world leaders who think that in our time of need, they're the important ones. Or sorry, anyone who has 1 billion dollars to piss away on a ticket to live. This movie pretty much told me that me and the people in MY life, wont survive, unless I get up right now and start building my own ark because let's get serious people. I don't have a billion dollars. I was not fortunate enough to have a billion dollars, as well as most of the world. So, just to let you all know...you wont survive either, so go build an arc, we have 2 years left and times tickin'! Even the families in the movie who HAD that kind of money didn't get a ticket for the whole family. How messed up is that?! If I didn't have enough, I just wouldn't go. What kind of new life would it be if Steen wasn't there hanging out with me talking shenanigans over a cup of tea. Not awesome in my opinion.

Enough about the arks that are clearly too good for us. Did you see the visual effects!? Whoa. I don't know about you people, but if I was driving along and the street started breaking up and bursting out flames all over the place, I would think, "HOLY SHIT! THIS IS AWESOME!" and then I'd shit a brick. It's crazy! And here you are hearing about people killing themselves when they hear about there being an end of the world. If your going to die you might as well see your world fall apart. It would be an amazing sight, but still not so fun because your going to die.

I like John Cusack, but something about the way his character and lifestyle was in this movie made me think of the character he played in "1408". It seems like they took the guy from that movie and plugged him into "2012". That's all I could think about. Maybe that's the only character John Cusack knows how to play, because he's just like Tom Cruise and Keanu Reeves. Don't get me started about those two. That's a completely different evening. And those kids of his! His son, I'm sorry, but he's a little shit! How could you be so cold to your dad? He's taking you camping for God sakes! He's taking time out of his super exciting life to take his little brat of a son camping. If you didn't want to go, then just don't go. Stop wasting his time and yours, but your already wasting your time playing video games and texting your nerd bomber step-dad who is obviously the weak character and ends up getting crushed by giant ark gears and dies! You are dubbed the worst kid in the world.

You know how you go see a movie and then the next day at work you go to your friends and start review the movie with them. Well I did that and this is what one BONEHEAD of a guy said to me, "2012 was basically part comedy movie, part romance, and part action..." Okay, fair enough! But what I'd like to say is, what movie isn't part comedy, part romance, and part action!? Isn't that pretty much every movie in existence!? Sure, every movie uses a different recipe, but I believe, I could be wrong, but I believe that they all have some sort of comedy, romance, and action. And what the hell was your opinion about anyways? You pretty much told all of us what we already knew! Your stupid get out of my face! Did I mention he's one of those guys who likes "Not Another Teen Movie" and "The Fast and the Furious"? Well he is, so that explains a lot!

Anyways, If you haven't seen "2012" yet, you need to go see it. Yes, it's just like any other disaster movie, but you know what if you like shit blowing up and people running for their lives and most of them failing, then your on the right track.

1 comment:

  1. i need to see this! i'm not expecting much, and i don't know why i want to see it, but i do. i totally agree with you about the tom cruise and nicholas cage thing btw.

    ReplyDelete