Sunday, January 31, 2010

nick and norah's infinite playlist.



I don't think I'll ever get sick of this movie. I believe at one point I watched it three times back to back. I love the music, I even have it on my ipod, which I listen to every morning on my way to work. This movie is awesome, I love that it's basically them running around New York looking for a band in a secret location. Night life out there seems pretty exciting. We don't have any of that in Vancouver. You might think so, but no. I'm actually a little jealous that Vancouver events aren't like that. Maybe it was played up a bit in the movie, but either way I want it. I want to hang out one day and Steen coming up to me going "DUDE! So and so is playing! BUT I DONT KNOW WHERE! WE HAVE TO DRIVE AROUND BC LOOKING FOR THEM! OH MY GOD AWESOME!" It's like a little adventure.

**SPOILERS**


But I love how in this movie, it was a little adventure to look for Norah's drunk best friend who happened to get lost in one of the biggest cities AND to look for "Where's Fluffy". I also wish that band actually existed, because I'm sure I'd like them and I would totally run around town trying to find them. Now let's get to Michael Cera. If you know anything about me, you would know that I'm a fan of that guy. I wish I knew him and his crappy little car that people mistake for a taxi. I also found his obsession with his ex absolutely hilarious. The beginning of the movie with him leaving a 10 minute message on her voice mail...awesome, and it happens to not go through. I loved it. He plays the hopelessly pathetic really well.

Alright, am I the only one who thinks Tris (Alexis Dziena) is gross? Whenever I see her in this movie, or in any movie I just think, "woof!" She's repulsive! And that retarded dance she does towards the end where she's trying to get Nick to, I don't know, fall for her or something. I just wish that scene wasn't in the movie. I hated it, I hated her dance, it was stupid, and I hate her. Hate is a strong word, but I feel it's okay to use it when it's appropriate. And I feel now is very appropriate. Oh my god and the part before that scene when she's playing with him with her feet. Feet!? Why!? That's gross. Feet are gross, couldn't she just pet him on the head or something and play with his hair like a normal person would. I need to stop talking about her because I'm starting to get a little angry.

I personally found the three gay guys very awesome. They were so cute. Oh, before I forget. Caroline (Ari Graynor) is kinda gross. I don't like girls like that...the party girls who just go out to get sloshed and try to pick up guys. Although in some ways she was cute about it. Some. Like 1%. But the scene where she dropped her gum in the public toilet, where she just had puked in and then puts it back in her mouth...that made me sick. Then Nick and Norah end up chewing it later, oh god, if they only knew. That's just wrong.

Anyhoo, I loved this movie. I loved the soundtrack. I loved the characters, the story, the everything. I love that it took place in one night and a lot can happen in one night and it did. It keeps you interested. It was all simple. It's a very entertaining movie overall. It, it, it, it. I suggest people to watch it, if you haven't already. And if it's not your cup of tea, then I guess we all know what your cup of tea is, and I don't need to bring it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment