Friday, January 15, 2010

inglourious basterds.



Oh boy! What a movie. I had such high expectations about this movie. I went in there thinking "Oh my God! This is going to be an epic war film with Brad Pitt and he's going to kill all these Nazis!" Because basically that's what I got out of the trailer. I was so excited, I love World War II movies and the fact that Brad Pitt was going to be in it made it sooo much better. Scene one started...all good there, after scene one...I don't even know. Not what they made it out to be.

**SPOILERS**

I must say, I hate this movie. I mean it had a few cool parts. A FEW. Brad Pitt was hardly in it. It was mostly the stupid Nazis. There was also a little story that ran through the whole thing which tied up all those people together at the end. Story was okay. It was cool that the Jewish lady wanted revenge for the death of her family. So she was planning on locking all the Nazis including good ol' Hitler, whom by the way is a douche, in a theater and blowing it up. That, is pretty awesome, and I think that's how it should have really gone down in real life. Anyways, so it was Brad Pitt's little resistance group of people killing off Nazis. They were probably in this movie for about 30 mins all together.

Oh! Before I forget. That Hanz soldier guy was such a prick! I know it's just a movie, but I hated his character sooooo much! Not because he was a Nazi, but because he basically played God. He knew what was going on all the time. He knew everything about everything. And he was so snooty about it, oh my god! Makes you want to punch him in the face. He doesn't even tell you he knows what you know, he just smiles, but gives off that tension feeling were you know your pretty much fuct. How does he even know!? *head explodes*

Another thing that I wasn't too keen about with this movie. It was all in subtitles. Not the Brad Pitt parts, but all the Germans spoke German! You'd think it's alright, and you know what, it's fine, it's realistic. It's a lot better when the whole world speaks with British accents in movies, but sometimes it's just hard keeping track of what's going on. The subtitles were going too fast, and I want to watch the movie and not have to read what they're saying because your missing the action.

I think the worst...well one of the worst scenes in this movie was when all the Germans were in the pub, just talking. It was so boring my brain drifted off thinking about what I'm going to be doing later that night. It was just them sitting around TALKING, not anything like, "yeah we gotta go kill those Jews!" I honestly don't even recall what the hell they were on about.

The only awesome parts of the movie were the Brad Pitt parts and when all the Nazis burning in the theater.

My hopes and dreams for this movie were shattered. I don't understand how people liked it. It was lame. Who ever liked this movie needs to stop what their doing and go watch "Bring it On Again". Tarantino, your dead to me, over.

No comments:

Post a Comment