Monday, January 11, 2010

district 9.



This movie totally came out on my birthday. I think it was Peter Jackson's gift to me. I love how this movie took place in another part of the world other than North America. Every alien type movie you see out there has to do with America. It's still cool to watch, but somehow this being taken place in South Africa made it seem more "real" so-to-speak. I love that it was shot as a documentary/story. I don't do documentaries too much, but this had to do with aliens and explosions so I was sold.

**SPOILERS**

I must say, the visual effects in this movie was amazing. The part where the little alien kid (I want one by the way) activates the robot and starts killing people with it was pretty sweet, but not as sweet when he makes that guy's head explode. THAT WAS WIN! I love the transition of the guy going from human to alien. The nails falling off was really gross, but you can't help to look. AND OH MY GOD! When he chops off his hand!? Can you imagine?! You must be in such a state to willfully grab a knife or whatever and just chop it off. I also love how the relationship changes between Christopher and the guy. 1st he has authority, then he needs his help, then they're buddy buddy in a way. It's quite nice.

You can't help but feel bad for the aliens in this movie. It almost made me think of the Holocaust just by the way they were being treated and how they were forced to live in those camps. I'm glad Christopher and his little kid we're able to get back to their ship. It sucks for that guy whose life was completely destroyed, but he was an asshole. There's definitely going to be a part 2 just by the way the movie ended. It's either going to be really awesome or really disappointing. Either way I'm there.

No comments:

Post a Comment