Monday, March 8, 2010

shutter island.



1st of all, I'd like to start out by saying Leonardo DiCaprio was awesome in this movie. This was the only movie of his that I wasn't annoyed at because it's always Leonardo DiCaprio playing Leonardo DiCaprio, with some kind of accent. It's pretty lame and distracts me from enjoying the movie.

But anyways, this movie was freaking weird. You just find yourself following along, then at some point you start doubting what you assumed this movie was about. This movie IS a bit predictable and I found myself figuring it all out somewhere between the middle and the end. I didn't find it boring at all, I was more anxious than anything.

I'm not going to give any spoilers. I want you guys to just go see it for yourselves. If I give it away, there's really no point in seeing it. I liked the ending a lot and I don't think it could have ended any other way. The story was great. The movie was creepy and awesome. Can't get any creepier than an insane asylum.

Only thing I'm going to leave you with is, after you see this movie (if your obviously the kind of person who goes to movies and comes out analyzing it or comparing it to your life) your going to question your own life and the people around you. If your not that kind of person then your the type that goes to the movies, comes out and goes, "Dude!! Vin Diesel's car was badass!" If that's you then leave, why are you even reading movie reviews?

Okay that was a little bit more than what I was going to leave you with...

1 comment: