Thursday, March 11, 2010

the crazies.


I tried not to have any expectations when walking into this movie, but based on the trailer, "The Crazies" looked like a thrasher horror movie, much like "Dawn of the Dead" or "Texas Chainsaw Massacre"... I couldn't have been more... wrong? I know people will argue this. I actually wanted to see gore, and death, and killings, but the movie just didn't deliver, which made me want to see gore more, just to satisfy an itch... And I'm not even a gore fan.

I was not impressed by the story. Any scenes that had any scare potential were quickly ruined by bad, over-exaggerated acting, and all that was left were one or two pathetic attempts at jump scares. There were a few scenes that had a lot of potential, but the camera turns away, or shows you just enough to give you an idea of what's happening. C'mon This isn't PG-13.

I do not recommend this movie. That being said, it's not so horrible that it's unwatchable, it's just boring, uninventive, and nothing new. "The Crazies" is every other typical modern horror film rolled into one, without any pay off, gore, or real terror. If you're a fan of this genre, chances are you've seen the other movies I mentioned, and have no need to see this one.

1 comment:

  1. So, was it like a zombie movie? if yes I have to see it because I'm a sucker for zombie movies...if not then I will pass. That's disappointing though. The trailer looks so awesome. I hate when movies throw you off like that. They build it up so much and don't follow through with the real deal.

    ReplyDelete