Saturday, May 15, 2010

iron man 2.



I'm going to just start this out by saying...I was a bit disappointed with this movie. I guess I shouldn't have expected something epic from a sequel. I just assumed since the 1st one was awesome, then the 2nd one would be as well. The story was pretty good, I wasn't TOTALLY bored. I just found myself really anxious throughout the film. The fight scenes seemed half-assed in my opinion. The one fight that's supposed to be the MAJOR epic fight out of all fights of the movie, lasted about a min (or so it seemed). It was over so quick and made it seem so easy, it was as if anyone off the street could do it. It was lame. I was not amused.

The characters were awesome as usual. I was a big fan of Mickey Rourke's character in this movie. He played Ivan Vanko so well and I really don't think anyone else could have given the same effect as he did. Iron Man on the other hand, obviously in this movie he was at the end of his rope, and noticed his life kinda falling apart. Either way he was a bitch about it. It's like the people who completely give up on life and decide to get drunk and act like a complete idiot. Normally when you see super heros, they have this professional persona and don't openly flaunt the fact that they're super heros and act like they're hot shit about it. Tony Stark...not so much. I know the character is supposed to be a little full of himself, but I think the Tony Stark in the 1st movie was way cooler than the one in the 2nd. It just wasn't as enjoyable.

So basically I found myself getting really excited on a lot of parts, but the delivery sucked. Oh and the Ivan Vanko thing. They didn't really fully touch on the reason why he was totally pissed at Tony. They just briefly mentioned their dad's doing something and somehow it's Tony's fault. Whatever it was lame. It seemed as though they just needed a villain and a quick story just so it wasn't too random that he was there.

Jon Favreau, you failed, and I suggest you take your time on Iron Man 3, and make it super epic, or else the world will hate you, and I will write another review telling you how shitty you are at your job. Don't let me down.

Overall, it's an okay movie. Should you see it in theaters...sure? I'm a little torn. I love seeing movies in theaters, but after seeing this, part of me wished I waited until it was released, but the the other part of me just wants to see everything in theaters 1st, just because going to the movies is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment